How to start WordPress Blog
WordPress is a free personal publishing platform. It is an easy to use, fast and flexible blog script. It comes with a great set of features, designed to make your experience as a publisher as pleasant as possible. With WordPress you can easily:
• Publish and edit posts
• Search within your content
• Manage users’ access
• Change your website themes and more
How to install WordPress?
Please, visit the pages listed below to find detailed instructions on how to install WordPress on your website with the help of the Softaculous auto-installation tool or via the built-in web installer.
How to create a blog site with WORD PRESS?
Once you have installed WordPress you can start building your blog. First, navigate to the WP login page entering the exact URL:
There you should enter the login credentials, which you have chosen during the installation process. Then you will enter the Administration area of the WordPress script:
How to start blogging?
To start writing posts in your WordPress blog, simply click on the Posts -> Add New link from your Dashboard. You will be redirected to a page where you can create your article.
Click the Publish button once ready and your post will be immediately visible at the front page of your blog.
1. Before You Start a Blog .
2. Choose Your Blogging Platform.
3. Choose a Domain Name
4. Sign Up With Web Host and Install WordPress.
5. Customize Your Blog and Choose a Theme.
6. Learn to Add Posts and Pages.
• Settings – > Reading: Choose a static page then select your desired home page from the drop down menu.
Set your navigation menus and widgets: Now that you’ve created your pages you need them to show up on the page where you want. This is very specific to the theme you choose so I don’t want to show visuals that could end up being contradictory. That being said, the general steps are:
• Dashboard —> Appearance —> Menus – From there you can add pages to your top navigation bar and put them in the order you want.
• Dashboard —> Appearance —> Widgets – This is generally where you would build your sidebars. You can have more than one sidebar on a page and you can customize what pages they will show up on. As I mentioned previously many sites only have a side bar on their blog page.
How to add Plugin’s: WordPress has a huge variety of plugins available to help you improve site functionality, SEO, collect e-mails and thousands of other things. The plugins I am recommending here are all free and can be found by going to Plugins —> Add New and searching for the name.