How to Create a Blog
Google freely allows anyone to create a blog through its proprietary Blogger service. As an administrator, Blogger features a wide range of publishing features to help you manage your content with efficiency.
1. Visit Blogger.com and sign in using your existing Google account. Otherwise, click “Sign Up” and follow all required instructions to create a new account. Return to Blogger.com once your Google account is created.
2. Type a username into the Display Name field, then click “Continue to Blogger.”
3. Click “New Blog” from the main dashboard. Enter a blog title, select a unique URL address and apply a template using their respective fields.
4. Click “Create Blog” to complete the setup process. Blogger subsequently redirects you back to the main dashboard. From here, click the pencil icon to create a new post. Otherwise, click the drop-down arrow to access your blog’s customization options, or click “View Blog” to access its homepage
Creating a Blog
Step 1: Go to Blogger.
Step 2: Click on Sign In. It’s in the upper-right corner of the window. Enter your Google username and password.
• If you don’t have a Google Account, click on Create Your Blog. This will take you to a screen where you can create an account to use with Blogger.
• Select a profile type. Click on Create a Google+ profile to create a single account to use across all Google properties. If you’d like to use a pseudonym or limit your exposure on Google, click on Create a limited Blogger profile.
• Follow the online prompts to finish creating your Google+ or limited Blogger profile.
Step 3: Enter a Display Name and click Continue to Blogger. The display name is the name that your readers will know you by.
Step 4: Click on Create New Blog.
Step 5: Type a title for your blog.
Step 6: Type a URL for your blog. If it’s unavailable try other variations on the name you want to use, but don’t use symbols like hyphens, underscores
Step 7: Enter the word verification and click Continue.
Step 8: Choose a starter template. This is the basic design and layout of your blog.
Step 9: Click on Create blog!.
Step 10: Click on Theme. It’s near the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page. This allows you to customize the look of your blog beyond the elements contained in the starter template.
Step 11: Click on Basic and then +Add authors. The latter link is in the lower-right corner, under the “Permissions” section of the menu. This setting allows you to add other contributors to the blog, so that the writing burden does not rest on your shoulders, alone.
Creating a Blog Post
1. Click on New post. It’s at the top of the screen.
• Create posts, post edits, and page edits under Posts in the menu on the left side of the screen.
2. Enter a post title. Type it into the text box to the right of Post.
3. Write your post. Click on Compose to type your post as you would in a typical text editor, which includes functions like different fonts and sizes, text color, and the ability to insert links.
• If you prefer to work in HTML click on HTML.
4. . Click on Post Settings. It’s in the upper-right corner of the window. From this menu, you can enable reader comments, select HTML settings, and post the time and date. Click on Done when you’ve made your changes.
5. Click on Save. Doing so saves your work, so far. Click on Preview to see what your post will look like when it’s finished. Click on Publish to take it live for your audience.